Friday, October 2, 2009

Must-Do Things in Boracay

Boracay is a paradise for relaxation and partying. Whatever your idea of a vacation is, you can absolutely experience it in this island.

Here are some of the things to do in Boracay (especially for first-timers):

1. Just hang out at the beach. Either strolling or sun-bathing, the fine white sand and the sound of the waves are the perfect combination for a relaxing vacation.

2. Check out the nightlife. There are a lot of bars along the beach to choose from. My favorites would be Cafe del Mar and Hey Jude. I especially love Cafe del Mar's appetizer called Humus.

3. Island Hopping. No island getaway is complete without visiting the smaller neighboring islands. I have to confess that I've been to Boracay four times already but I've never tried this one. I'll definitely do it on my next trip. My friends said they enjoyed the lunch buffet in one of the islands.

4. ATV (All-terrain vehicle) Adventure. This is the best way to go up Mt. Luho. It's exhausting, but the view from the mountain is worth it. You could see the other side of Boracay (the part where Bulabog Beach is) where kite boarders train for their yearly competition. You can find a lot of ATV rentals along the road. Take a tricycle from the main road to take you to the row of ATV rentals. You have a choice of driving a single or a two-seater ATV. Usually, the ATV trail to Mt. Luho will take you about 2 hours (that's already back and forth).

5. Water sports and activities. Jet-skiing, parasailing, wake boarding, banana boat ride, Flying fish, etc. These are must-try activities for first-timers. If you are the I-wanna-be-safe type of person, try the banana boat ride and parasailing. For the more adventurous type, try flying fish. It'll surely be a "rough" ride.

6. Jonas' Shakes. This is my favorite hangout place in Boracay in the afternoon. I always order their mango milk shake and I feel like the taste just gets better every time.

7. Dos Mestizos Restaurant. This is a Spanish restaurant with a buffet dinner every Saturday. The food and ambiance are great. This is located near the tourist center and the police station.

8. Crabhouse. This restaurant is in Escondido Resort, near the town plaza. Just ask the tricycle driver to take you there; most of them are familiar with the resort. I am allergic to crabs but I tried their garlic crabs and they really taste good! Another mouth-watering dish here is their "bagnet" (grilled pork [or fried? I'm not quite sure...sorry guys!] originally from Ilocos).

9. D' Talipapa. This is Boracay's version of Dampa. You can buy seafood and meat from their market (the so-called talipapa) and have it cooked in a restaurant of your choice around the area.

10. Have breakfast at Real Coffee. They have a lot of omelets to choose from. I always order their tuna omelet with cheese. I really like their brewed coffee and the toasted bread that goes with the omelet. Oh, and don't forget to try their calamansi muffin. It'll be one of the best muffins you'll ever gonna taste. I always order this as pasalubong for my family.


I can think of a million things to do in Boracay, but just walking on its powdery sand is more than enough to put a smile on your face and say to yourself: "This is definitely one of my best (if not the best) vacations..."

2 comments:

Boracay Hotels said...

You're written is good to me. Well, there so many things to do in boracay. Just explore the boracay, and you will see them all...



Tanya Gemarin

Boracay Hotels said...

I hope I can do all of those. The first thing on my list is to try the Jonas' Shakes. It's really popular. Next is Crabhouse. Crabs are my favorite.